Sunday, March 24, 2013

It's been awhile

I know it's been awhile since I posted, but I've been busy with my final papers for my senior seminars as well as on spring break. But I've still been writing. I wanted to post once more before I move over to Tumblr. I will make sure when I make the switch I post what my link is there.


Change

Submit to the continuous cycle
of the icy air
turning the leaves gray and lifeless,
the rain bringing back the buds,
and spring rotting into summer.
The tulips and the daffodils decay
falling onto a dehydrated path.
A path of change, of punishment
upon where your tiny figure stands,
filled with fear and remorse
curiosity and desire,
as your delicate hands shake.

A soul must find peace
within itself and its surroundings,
before breaking away from its temple,
and escaping the succession of time.

-AW

No comments:

Post a Comment