Saturday, March 2, 2013

The sense of smell

I know I wanted to post everyday but the events of today took longer than I thought. I will post twice today since I am only 40 minutes late, one now and one tonight. This poem I wrote in my gender and horror class. I'm not sure what inspired it, and it's in an early draft stage. I'm excited to see what will come of it.

Untie My Feelings - I Dare You

The smell of something
warm and living,
in the company of another.
Both engulfed in a potent cloud of lust
when entangled in each others arms and emotions.

"Never provoke my anger or jealousy," she mumbled as she shook her head.
"I keep my feelings inside,
harnessed by knots, strings and ties.
Undo them and I'm afraid of what darkness you might find."
An old soul missing a lost lover, lies,
impure thoughts, grim memories.
"The dark can be friendly though," she said.
"The dark hides what scares you
in a cloak of cold black air.
It will keep you safe, us safe,
at least for now."

-AW

No comments:

Post a Comment