Monday, September 9, 2013

Being stuck in my own head and business is the worst....

It has been more than a little while since I have posted anything that I have written. It's not that I haven't wanted to, it's just that I have been working on things piece by piece, coming up with lines here and there. I've started a new job, been busy almost every weekend, but I still get a little time to write, yet I will promise myself I will soon try to plan more. Here is a little something I've been working on.

Stuck

Sitting still
on a styrofoam couch,
words try to pry themselves out from behind my teeth
but any movement, even the subtle purse of my lips makes a sound.

Feeling cramped, alone, unable to move,
I listen to the fans wave hello, or maybe goodbye.
No, not goodbye.

I won't leave,
I can't leave,
I never leave.

You placed me here,
planted mines in my heart
and dynamite in my skull.
If I move, speak, breathe,
I detonate.

No comments:

Post a Comment