Sunday, February 24, 2013

Inspired by a bottle of cheap red wine

I've been working on this for a few days now. Maybe it's a little too dark or maybe its too melodramatic for some people. But I like it anyway. It's still a work in progress so I'll post a later version after I've worked on it a little more. 

Untitled

Enclosed within her own mind
when the panic hits
her skull caves in,
and the pressure within the back of her head
becomes unbearable. 

Look at me she said. 
Look at me she screamed!
While spit and vile bits of bile
fly off the tip of her tongue and crooked front teeth,
staining the shattered mirror in front of her.

Pieces of glass and her sanity lay at her feet,
dispersed into hundreds of minuscule, beautiful shards.
She will always be cracked, and when she tries to put herself back together
she is left with pricked, bleeding finger tips
and red smears covering her reflection.

-AW

No comments:

Post a Comment